Is your firm gearing up for the next busy season and searching for strategies to help save the firm’s attorneys time and stress? Although getting through the busy season for law firms can be tough even for the largest firms, taking some preventative measures could help you make it through with minimal frustration and wasted time.
Search for Busy Work and Redundant Tasks You Could Eliminate
Some attorneys struggle during the busy season because they’re doing more work than they need to. If your attorneys’ time is filled with needless assignments, try to:
- Identify small tasks that could be delegated to lower-level firm employees
- Reduce redundancy to ensure attorneys are not wasting their time
- Eliminate all busy work and internal red tape that could be causing unnecessary complications
Create Efficient To-Do Lists and Set Manageable Deadlines
Getting organized but staying realistic is another tactic to help you get through the busy season. Your firm could:
- Create a master spreadsheet of pressing tasks and share it with all attorneys
- Ask every employee to begin the day with a to-do list to help them stay efficient and on track
- Set manageable, realistic self-imposed deadlines for key tasks
In order to make it through the next busy season for law firms with as little stress and wasted firm time as possible, it’s important to take a few preventative measures. Try to eliminate busy work, create more to-do lists, and set manageable deadlines.